Tuesday, October 19, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 2

Day 2: Something you love about yourself
Today, my Jae-Bug is sick.  It all started pretty abnormally with her waking up at 5am, when she normally wakes up as my little alarm clock at 7:00am on.the.dot.  I did the typical stumble down the stairs, make a bottle, grab the good ol' faithful, trusty Boppie, swoop up the Babes, and start her feeding.  She gulped down half her bottle, looked at me with the saddest eyes I've ever seen, and BARFED (& barfed, & barfed, & barfed...). It's been pretty persistent since that moment.
So you're wondering... what does this have to do with loving something about yourself?
I've learned something amazing in the 3 months of my daughters life.  It is actually, physically possible to feel  pain for another... & it hurts the worst hurt I've ever felt.  As odd as it sounds, I love it.  I love feeling her pain.. it's a feeling of absolute love that I have never felt before.  It is beyond assuring.  It's a feeling that is impossible to explain.
The love I have for my daughter is everything and more I ever imagined it to be.  It's pure, it's true, it's unbreakable.  I love that feeling.  It's something I never thought was possible, and I love that I can open my heart and be a part of motherhood.  I love that I can feel a love that no words can explain.


We're running off to the Doctor in a bit.  Wish us luck- I'm sure it's just a bug, but they want to check her out just in case.. since she's still a little one.
Yes, I know one pupil is bigger than the other.  I'm sure you'll hear about it at one point..





Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post... and I agree with you about actually feeling pain for another.. it is possible. And I love it too, kinda strange to say that huh? I'm following you know! You have a gorgeous blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE this picture. I love this post. Sorry precious Jae is sick! And um... can I hear the story about the bigger pupil?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that your baby is sick but I love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That is so beautifully written and heartfelt. Hope your little one is feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeoussss photo. love the post :]

    ReplyDelete