Monday, November 8, 2010

One of THOSE weeks.

A lot has been going on in the life of The "J" Family.

I found myself dropping everything to focus on Jen- and in that, I found a lot in myself.  I found a woman who is a lot stronger than she thinks she is.  I found a girl that knows how to smile and laugh like she was in high school again.  I found an individual that is allowed to be selfish every once in a while... and that's okay.  I found a Mother who knows how to love more than she ever thought was possible- no matter the circumstance.  I found a strong give-it-to-me here kind of girl that knows what's right for herself.  I also found a will that is stronger than ever imaginable.
...and boy does it feel good.

It's been one of those weeks.  The past 7 days I've realized more than I ever have.  About 8 months ago, I forgot who Jennifer Parton was.  I forgot that I was a funny girl that had numerous blonde moments in a day.  I forgot that the beach was my favorite place on earth.  I forgot who my friends & family were.  I forgot how amazing it feels to be called beautiful.  I forgot that one of my best friends is Pendleton Rd. accompanied by my trustworthy Nike running shoes.  I now remember the beauty of me.  I love it.

I feel it's a good time to break the news.  Well, maybe good isn't the right word, but you know what I mean.
Jeff and Jen are no longer.  There's just some things that aren't meant to be.  I don't feel it's necessary to give any explanation to our no longer title.
So it's all about my baby and me.  Off to conquer this wild world.  Bring it on!
I'll just leave it at this... I'm happy.  For me to say those two simple words is huge.  I say it with confidence.  I say it with my head held high.


Everything will be good.  I know it.  I'm Jen again... So now let me invite you on a journey with me to continue finding myself.  The self who I once lost.  It's going to be quite the journey, and boy am I excited.  Are you ready?  Because I am!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you have found yourself again. I know that it's so easy to get caught up in life, baby, and everyone else. Sorry to hear about Jeff, too. But... like you said... everything will be good! You're strong and your beautiful daughter will help you get through anything. Crazy how much our children help us and they don't even realize they're doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a post Jen!!!

    It will be a transition, but obviously a necessary one! Run in those nike shoes. Laugh like you're 16 again. Smile like you aint got nothing holding you back! And blog like you've never blogged before *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I'm confident that you and baby J will be okay! You are already a wonderful momma! Enjoy the journey of finding yourself! This wonderful blogging-mommy community is always here for you if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post. It takes a strong woman to recognize that it's SELF that has been lost. As you're finding out, that is so important in order to go from a good to a great mommy! So glad you're finding yourself again.

    ReplyDelete