Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Traditions with The Bonjours!

When I saw that Libby was holding a holiday traditions link party, I was excited to join.

My family isn't one for traditions.
I don't feel we have one thing or another that we're super adamant about...
except one thing.
(& boy is it out of control)


Christmas Eve morning.
Pajama Party.
This tradition started 10 years ago.
Friends and family get together at my parents house.
We party.  We eat.  We drink.  We watch movies...
This saga starts at (you're going to think we're nuts)... 5am.
We wear our cutest jammies.
We take silly pictures.
We laugh, love, and be merry together.

This goofy tradition all began as girls only.  No boys allowed...
it has eventually turned into a co-ed party.
The best part?
You NEVER know the outcome.
With about 10-20 visitors, much champagne, Bailey's Irish Creme, Screwdrivers, and Bloody Mary's...
Cinnamon rolls, monkey bread, and breakfast foods glore..
it turns into trouble.

But I cherish it.  It's happiness.  The company is great.
It's everyone I hold close to my heart.
Best part... I can't wait to carry the tradition on to my home... and to Jaelyn.






Link up your traditions to share with the blogging world!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. hey girl! thanks so much for linking up! I have really enjoyed reading everyones traditions. Sorry I'm just now commenting.

    I love your Christmas eve pj party! that's awesome and sounds like so much fun! and monkey bread... oh my! sooo good.

    hope you and your sweet pea have a fabulous Christmas!

    ReplyDelete