Thursday, January 13, 2011

Boudoir (Rated PG-13..)

I'm not going to lie... I'm a little nervous posting this for all of you Mommies to see.  I'm a bit afraid of the feedback, since my Blog (and photography business) is VERY Family based.  But it's currently a part of me and what I am doing, so I decided to share.  I hope you enjoy!


Last month I came across some Boudoir Photography, and I must admit, I had NO clue what Boudoir meant.  I researched.  I fell in love.  I really feel Boudoir can go to one extreme or the other.. I'm aiming for the other.  The intimate, yet sexy, PG-13 sort of Boudoir.  I'm doing the best I can to avoid "trashy" (that word is AWFUL!).


I was so intrigued by this type of photography that I took a stab at it.  I created a limited edition Photography Special, paired up with a make up artist and said "bring it!".
Here's my website (it was just re-vamped):
Jen Parton Photography


Here's a few shares for you:


My clients have been loving it! I never thought I would give this "sort" of photography a try, but it's really rewarding.  I feel it makes a woman feel beautiful, give her that much needed confidence boost, and I love being the one who captures her beauty.  I think I'm going to make this a yearly tradition for my business.  Not only do my clients love it, but I'm getting some really positive feedback from it.


It's nice to get a taste of something new.  It gave me a breath of fresh air... which was very needed.


Step out of your "comfort zone" and see what you find.  You may shock yourself (I sure did!)


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. You do incredible work. I had a session done right after my wedding because I felt like I was in great shape and wanted to document it for my husband. If I ever gain weight, I'll have evidence that I was once hot! Don't be embarrassed or concerned about posting it - these are in great taste and you've doing a wonderful job! I think all women should do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bunch of friends who do or have done this...I would consider it if I was in better shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it's great! If I ever get back down to my goal weight then I would really consider doing this for my hubby. Although, IM sure i would feel insecure. Who am i kidding.. ill never do that! haha

    your pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete