Friday, January 28, 2011

Herpatology craziness.

We went for a hike today.


You probably wonder what all of this Herpatology nonsense is all about.  It's Jeff's passion.  Yep, all things reptile.  He digs it- more than the average Joe.
Jeff's season starts in March and goes through June, takes a break till August, and goes until October, sometimes November.  He's gone A LOT.  It's taken some time to adjust to, and I still have some issues with it every now and again (due to missing him & being lonely), but all and all- I like it.
Jeff has a passion and love for the outdoors like you have never seen.  He loves ALL animals, reptiles, fishies, insects, etc... more than any person I have ever met.  His heart is huge and full of love for creatures big and small.  I love that about him.


Last year I was pregnant, so it was really hard to get out and about with him.  I did my best to hike around, but once my belly grew, my balance got clumsy, and my speed decreased dramatically, so it was a no-go.  I like to call him the Mountain Goat due to his extreme ability to hike through ALL land.  It's pretty fascinating.  But, while pregnant, it was nearly impossible.  Now that we have Jae, we've been out a few times.  It's turning into something we really love doing together.  I strap Jae on the front of me, and we get our hike on.


Here's a shot from today's journey- I'm getting sleepy, so I will picture overload you tomorrow:
It was a must share.  I can say that this is my favorite shot of Jae & I yet.  I absolutely adore it.  I hope you do too :) Oh, and if you didn't know... my Baby Daddy can snap a few goodies.  He's good.
Here's how good he is:


Before I share, I feel the need to CAUTION you.  Following photo may cause eebie-jeebies:


SOOC




Eebie-Jeebies? Ya, I figured.  I probably owe you an apology for that.  Sorry.  Not too many people are fond of snakes.  
You're probably wondering how many heart attacks I have a year? Too many.  Snakes don't bother me- at all.  The thought of Jeff getting bit in the field is what causes the heart attacks.  If you ask me, taking a photo like that is a damn good way to get bit.  Cross your fingers with me that it NEVER happens.


This post is making my mind tick- maybe I should do a full cover post on Jeff and what he does.  Would you be interested?  It's some pretty cool stuff.




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I would totally be interested! That photo is spectacular, and I am a hike-aholic who is now stuck in the cornfields of Nebraska. Boo. I miss it so much it is crazy! Would love to see the places you guys visit =)

    ReplyDelete