Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mommy Patience

Yesterday, for the first time, my patience were tested as a Mom.  To the extreme.  A shower was out of the question, I finally brushed my teeth at 5pm, and food/drink was out of the picture.

Jaelyn is growing or teething? Maybe coming down with a cold? I'm going to call it growth spurt while teething- she screams like you've never heard, cries uncontrollably, naps are out of the question, runny nose, and must be held.. while standing.. at all times.  AKA my 6 month old has turned into a terror.  There were many times throughout the day that I thought to myself  "maybe I should just go back to work... this full time Mommy deal is TOUGH!".  Those thoughts would lead to tears, I would feel bad, and go back to comforting my little one.  This seemed to be the routine.  All. day. long.

She went down for one nap.  At 4:00pm.  We'll call is a 15 minute cat nap- in my arms.  This pretty much sums up how I felt:
Image rights to: Stock Photography

Done.  Pooped.  EXHAUSTED.  I'm pretty sure I looked something similar to that too.

I went through the checklist many times, over and over again.  Clean diaper? Check. Has she pooped? Twice. Check. Fed? Bottle and baby food. Check. Tylenol dose? Check. Naps? Negative. Teething biscuit? Check.
I'm missing something.
Bath? OH YES! I went for it.  3 times.  It was the only thing that would soothe my poor little girl.
It would bring this...

To this:
Edit by: Jhen Stark (I love it!)


I know I have many more of these days to come.  I know there will be a day that I will miss this.  I will miss her innocence, her tiny hand in mine, her licking kisses, and even her screams.  I must embrace these days and soak in all that I can.  She's not going to be my "Little Bug" forever.

I learned patience yesterday.  God threw a test at me, and I have the confidence to say I passed.  With a nice dose of Bronchitis, grieving the loss of a dear friend, and a Monster child on my hands.. I'd say I'm holding it together pretty well.
I'm throwing on my well deserved Mommy Cape and sporting it around with a smile on my face with my Babes on my hip.
BRING IT ON, LIFE!


Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Oh dear. I have had MANY days like this. And expect many more to come. Today is one of them. It's Bennett's Birthday today, but that hasn't stopped him from being a complete fuss face ALL morning. He woke up at 6:30 and pretty much hasn't stopped whining and crying all day. He blew right through his morning nap and it's not looking like the day will see much improvement any time soon.

    But, you're right about trying to embrace this time, even if we are frustrated and at our whits end. They grow up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had many nights where the magical bath was the only thing that turned my fussing bringing me to the end of my rope little man into his usual happy little self. Unfortunately, baths can't last for 2+ hours LOL

    First time visitor here from WW! I'm sure I'll be back again! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing. I am not a mom but have witnessed my sister feel this way many a time and I see how tiring it can be.

    I can tell how great of a mother you are, and there will be hard days but that doesn't change the intense love your sweet baby has for you or how good of a mom you are. Keep your head up- tomorrow is always better:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am right there with you. Marshall will be 3 months next week and all of a sudden this week he decided he could only nap in my arms. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your honesty, Jen. It's a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel ya girl! I am so sorry. I am having one of those days too. Hey at least she looks super cute when she cries. ;) Thanks for leaving me that comment on my blog. I'm now folliwng you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been having those days too...my problem is I have two of them to deal with. YUCK!!! Just keep telling yourself tomorrow will be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know exactly how you feel. I have many days like that. Being a mommy is hard work! Hang in there-- you're doing an awesome job.

    We are In the terrible twos right now and oh my gosh have we been tested this week. Ive lost my patience several times and have felt so bad about it afterward. I just have to remember what a blessing it is that I am able to be a stay at home mommy and that I am able to experience the good and bad! And you're right.. they aren't little forever. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww! The bath shot is too cute!

    ReplyDelete