Tuesday, January 4, 2011

She's a pretty Princess

So I'm not huge on dressing Jae up like a girly-girl.  But I need to remind myself... she's a GIRL, not a TOMBOY! I should really take advantage of dressing my little Bug up in the cutsie little stuff while I can.  Before I know it, she's going to be 3 and choosing her own wardrobe.


One more thing I'm not huge on... studio photography.  Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful! I just tend to be more attracted to natural light photography.  Plus, as a photographer I need to learn how to suit everyone's needs.  So I took a shot at it.  I put Jae in bloomers, tutus, furry coats, and leg warmers, {notice how I stayed away from the headbands}, and threw up a studio-like setting.  Keep in mind... I've NEVER shot like this before.  I've NEVER edited this type of photography either.  It was tough, but I enjoyed taking a step out of my comfort zone.


Here's my best shots:



My black backdrop looked gray almost... it was funky.  I used my selection tool to select the colors, and adjusted with brightness/contrast along with some hue and saturation.  I do this often with my edits.



My "wonderment" entry.  It's a long shot... but she has a look of wonderment to her face, right??










Photobucket


I think I may use the my Happiness Project photo as a Valentine's day card.  I LOVE it.


Which one is your favorite? Any suggestions to improve?
Do you dig the wrapping paper background? Fluffy bedspreads and flood lights do wonders!




Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. I think you did a fantastic job! She is so precious! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mylanta, she is such a doll! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of studio photography, or props. But I must admit... Jae is such a doll, she can get away with anything! :) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well for someone who's never done this...you sure did a great job! she's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie she is! The lighting is good... especially for flood lights! :) And, my goodness, THOSE BLUE EYES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. she's sooooooooooo adorable. The pics are great...but I just want to squeeze her cheekies! such a sweetie. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww how cute, I love the last shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that last one makes me giggle. I love it! She is beautiful especially those baby blues!! I think the pics look pretty darn good for your 1st try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her hair is SOOOO red in these photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you did very well! The one before the last one is my FAVORITE! She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete