Thursday, January 6, 2011

there's an adventure up ahead...

Happy Thursday!


I was planning on linking up with You Capture's Top 10 of 2010...until I got completely side tracked in this edit:
















That's what I call TOTALLY sidetracked.  I took this photo in December on my way home from a shoot and I love it! I even risked my life (okay, maybe not that dramatic, but you get me, right?) to snap it.  I gave it the "grunge" look.  You dig it?  I'm not too sure if I am.  It may grow on me..


I've been all about adventure lately (& love).  What a good combination, right?  I'm super excited for 2011.


I'm linking up to "and then, she {snapped}", Show Off You shot.
I will do my best to share with you my steps.


Photo edit:
Basic edits in CS4.  Curves, levels, brighten/contrast.
I really wanted the Sunset to pop.  I don't normally go for the "fake", vibrant look but I've been on a "try something new" kick lately.  So, I used PTM action called Wonder Quickie to help with some of the general adjustments, adjusted opacity, flattened image.
I also used Coffeeshop "little perk" to brighten a bit.
Next, I tried out some dramatic Shadows/Highlights on the sky & sunset.  I like the effect it gave.


For the Frame.  Wow.  It's SO much... if you guys are interested, e-mail me and I will maybe post a tutorial.
1128jparton@gmail.com
I don't think I have that on my blog... maybe I should change that.  Along with some other things :)



and then, she {snapped}





On another note, Jeff and I are planning on going to a skate video premier tonight.  Jeff is huge into skating (always has been) and is all in tune with the skate world and buddy-buddy with some pros.  Oh, the things that excite us Mom's, right? Really?? I'm excited about going to a SKATE video premier? Like I care about skating? I think it's just the thrill of knowing I may get a break from my little Bug.
And... it's an ADVENTURE!






Go fond yourself an adventure.. so something out of the ordinary & LOVE it!
Have a good day, friends!






Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Very cool shot and have fun tonight. That sounds neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea about editing but I love the photo! Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the text. very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Cool. Hey, where do you live? I live in Calabasas...west of LA. Are you nearby?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Cool grunge edit and composition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome edit. it's fun to try new stuff sometimes. thanks so much for linking up, your blog is adorable, I'm gonna follow now! xoxo

    ReplyDelete