Friday, February 25, 2011

7 things about the Mama.

Let's give a hip-hip-HORRAY for a Bloggy award.
I want to give a huge thank you to Alysha at Supermom for awarding me.  She thinks my Blog is stylish ;).  Have you ever seen her super cute Blog? It's all about the adventures of a single Mama... and let me tell you- she rocks it.  Go check her out!

The rules of the Stylish Blogger Award are:
Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
Share seven things about yourself.
Award seven recently discovered new blogs.
Contact these bloggers and let them know they've received the award.
7 Things About the Mama of The "J" Family:
  1. I have uneven pupils due to the Chicken Pox turning into a severe case of the shingles when I was 5.  It put me in a coma for 5 days and the shingles covered my entire right side of my face.  The only yuck it left me with is a pupil that doesn't dilate, SLIGHT nerve damage on the right side of my forehead, and a minor scar on my eyebrow.  Holy moly am I blessed. Oh, and if you're wondering... I LOVE my uneven pupils.  It's me.
  2. I lived on an island for 8 months in 2004 for 8 months... in a TENT.  I lived my days teaching little kiddos how to snorkel, and teaching them about the wonders of the sea.  Those were some of the best days of my life.
  3. Speaking of the wonders of the sea.. I am Miss random facts when it comes to the ocean.  I guess you could say I'm slightly obsessed when it comes to "Big Blue".
  4. Hand me a bikini, my babes, and a body of water and I'm a happy camper.  I'm quite the Summer Time girl.
  5. My hair is currently the longest it's ever been (thanks to pregnancy), and I plan on keeping it that way.  I heart it.
  6. I am one of the biggest procrastinators you've ever met.  Procrastination should be my middle name.  I blame it on my huge dose of ADD that God blessed me with.
  7. I have 3 weird fears.  First and BIGGEST: Earthquakes.  Second: Lightning. Third: Being stopped under freeway bridges (I blame the earthquake fear).  I know... quirky fears.  But they get me.  Yuck.




I would like to grant this award to:
1. Ambrosia Clark
2. My Life, My World, My Blessings
3. L to the third
4. The Curious Pug
5. Ashley... plus three
6. My Paper Heart
7. Chic Homeschool Mama
I HIGHLY suggest checkin' these pretty ladies out.  You'll be happy you did... because if you ask me, they're pretty fantastic.


And, of course... a photo for your Friday.  Because what's a post without a photo?






Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Thanks Jen! Really appreciate it!!!!!! Love your Friday photo- what a doll face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet! Thank you, it means a lot. :)
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness - what a SWEET photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a doll! Thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw thank you for the award! you have a lovely blog over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the award!!! It truly means a lot...truly! That is such a fabulous photo too! Love you blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting facts...why did you live on an island for 8 months 7 years ago...weren't you still a teen? I hope your mom knew where you were. Sorry about today. Its super hard for me to get on the computer during the day especially when the babies are sick. But we have to do it soon!!!let's try for next week. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your nice words. You truly deserve this award. Those are some interesting fears... I would have to say I fear earthquakes to. The fact that you don't know when they are coming is what gets me. I look forward to seeing more of your post. Your little miss is a cuttie, darling picture :)

    Xoxo, Supermom Alysha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new look girl- your blog looks awesome! And I love these facts. Especially that you like your uneven pupils and you long hair. You are beautiful indeed:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a surprise! You are so so awesome and sweet. I love your 7 things, you sound so happy with who you are and I think that's amazing. Your blog looks so great, I love it. Thank you again and congrats, you are totally deserving of this award!

    ReplyDelete