Saturday, February 5, 2011

GET FIT!

I'm linking up with Sonya at {shutter}mama.  She's doing this awesome get fit challenge.. and boy could I use it. I hope she can whip me into shape.
I was once a finatic about health and staying in shape.  I hope I can find the time and motivation to get back to that point again.


Current weight: 139lbs Height: 5'9"
Fitness challenge for the week (starting Monday): Run a total of 7 miles in the week (M-Sun), accompanied with 50 crunches & 50 free lunges a day.
Food challenge for the week: ONE cup of coffee a day (this is going to be the hard part)
How well did it go?: It's not Monday yet! I'll let you know next Saturday
Failures and slip-ups: Thank goodness I haven't started yet.  I had 3 cups of coffee today!
Weekly Challenge wisdom: Easy protein snacks! I feel as if this wisdom will be beneficial for my since I ALWAYS forget to eat.  Here's a good recipe:
Easy protein bars
Combine in Large Mixing Bowl
8 Scoops Whey (Vanilla is very good)
3 Cups Oats
1 Package Sugar Free Fat Free Pudding (Any flavor is good)
2 Cups Skim Milk

Mix until a sticky batter is formed (may take a few minutes)

use a large spoon to spread out the mix into the bottom of a Pam-sprayed glass or metal cooking tray (spread until even)
put in the fridge overnight and cut into 8 equal bars that yield:
3g fat
28g carbs
29g protein
257 calories
These bars taste amazing, and are perfect for: breakfast, pre OR post-workout.



Advice to other get fit members: Keep up the good work! The first week is always the hardest, but keep in mind the outcome.  We're gonna look HOT!
Your self portrait:
By: Jhen Stark @ Stark Love Photography












Past self-portrait:






Yes please? Again? bring me back to the days of a nice booty, bomb legs, abs of steal, and perky boobs? Thank you.  

Go link up with Sonya.  You will be glad you did.



   

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. You make me a tad jealous ahahaha. I'm so glad you hopped on board!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do my post for the week. Check out the fun widget at the bottom of my blog for tracking workouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great! :)

    In the last picture it looks like Newport Beach, CA. Thats close to me haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I'm excited you joined in! It's going to be a fun group getting in shape! Don't forget to come back to both my blog and Sonya's blog to read weekly tips and check in on Saturday!

    See you then!

    ReplyDelete